If you browse any search engine regularly, searching for answers, you will have likely come across Quora.
Quora is a question and answer platform. It used to be a very useful question and answer platform, but now it is largely dominated by spam and poorly written answers.
Medium vs. Quora
Also, if you are looking for more exclusive Medium writing tips, tricks, and updates, please consider signing up for my…
Still, every now and then, there will be an answer that you will want to see.
However, if you read more than one answer, you will likely see the following login screen:
This ad-wall is extremely annoying.
Luckily, there are a couple of good ways around this.
In a previous article covering bypassing news paywalls, I included a link to a tool that allowed users to pass many news paywalls.
How to Bypass Virtually Every News Paywall in 2020
The definitive guide to getting around newspaper paywalls, adwalls, and annoying registration forms
You can read the article for instructions or you can download the extension here:
If you are just looking at a few pages, you may not want to bother with adding this browser extension.
If so, there is a very simple hack.
In this method, you add “?share=1” at the end of the Quora thread URL (exclude the quotes around ?share=1).
1. For example, if the URL is: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-read-more-books
2. You just add ?share=1 next to the word “books”.
3. Now the the URL should look like this:
4. Paste this new URL onto the Google address bar.
5. Press the “Enter” key of your keyboard.
6. Instantly you can view the page without any more obstruction by Quora’s sign-in page.
The third method, involves using a Firefox add on, called Temporary Containers.
Temporary Containers allows users to open tabs, websites, and links in automatically managed disposable containers. Containers isolate data websites store (cookies, storage, and more) from each other, enhancing your privacy and security while you browse.
This can be used on Quora, as well.
- Install the Firefox Temporary Containers extension.
- Go to any one of the Quora questions from Google search results.
- Click on it and you can read it without being blocked, as this is the first question.
- Now, to read the next question, you must RIGHT CLICK on the question title. A menu will pop up next to the question title.
- Select the “Open Link in New Temporary Container Tab”.
6. It will open a new tab with the question and its answers, without the pop up box.
7. Repeat this for additional questions.
Thanks for reading this article! Leave a comment below if you have any questions and be sure to sign up for the Paywall Hacks newsletter!
Subscribe to Medium's Paywall Hacks
By signing up, you will receive access to exclusive articles covering the latest paywall hacks, internet shortcuts, or…
If you liked this article, here are some other articles you may enjoy:
How to Make an Amazing PowerPoint
A guide to creating a stunning and effective PowerPoint presentation
What Is Evergreen Content and Why Is It Important?
The importance of evergreen content for any writer, marketer, or entrepreneur
Casey Botticello is a partner at Black Edge Consulting. Black Edge Consulting is a strategic communications firm, specializing in online reputation management, digital marketing, and crisis management. Prior to founding Black Edge Consulting, he worked for BGR Group, a bipartisan lobbying and strategic communications firm.
Casey is the founder of the Cryptocurrency Alliance, a Super PAC dedicated to cryptocurrency and blockchain advocacy. He is a graduate of The University of Pennsylvania, where he received his B.A. in Urban Studies.