Welcome to Audio Stories— Medium’s top publication for audio articles created by writers (not the featured audio stories that Medium promotes).
We are looking for new writers and this post was created to help writers submit their content to us.
Steps to Submit Content
- Get approved as a writer — Once you are approved as a writer, you can submit articles whenever you want to Audio Stories. To become an approved writer, you can (1) leave a comment in this article expressing your interest or (2) apply through Smedian.
- Submit your article — once approved as a writer, submitting your articles to us is easy. Write your article as you normally would. When you are prepared to submit it, simply click the ⋯ button at the top of your draft, click the add to publication button, select Audio Stories from the drop down list of publications in which you are an approved writer.
Leave a comment at the bottom of this article if you would like to be an approved writer for Audio Stories!
Note: While we will approve most Medium members as writers, this is not a guarantee that we will publish your article.
What We Are Looking For in Submissions
- Articles must contain audio/narration in addition to a written article.
- Articles must be clear, coherent, and not have excessive typos or grammatical errors.
- Articles cannot be advertisements or promotional in nature.
- Articles must contain a relevant featured image.
- Articles should be at least 4–5 minutes in length.
- Articles should offer commentary, and not simply report news.
While we allow tasteful CTAs at the bottom of your article, we will add a publication wide CTA in most cases.
Why Submit to Us?
- I plan to feature as many different Medium writers as I can.
- Most importantly, I have experience running and marketing several successful publications. I will be creating an email marketing list featuring the most recent content from this publication. As an author this is a tremendous advantage. You will gain exposure through my paid email marketing systems, at no cost to you!
- Audio articles created by individual writers are very popular on Medium, however, they are largely scattered and disorganized.
If you are looking to create audio stories on Medium, check out my article on the subject.
Thank you for reading this article! If you have any comments or questions, be sure to leave a response below. Also, if you want to stay up to date with the latest audio stories, sign up for our Newsletter!